Winter Weather Safety
There are few things quite as beautiful in the winter as freshly fallen snow. If you aren’t a winter weather adventurer and prefer to enjoy it from the warmth of your home, you may not get excited to venture out in the wet and cold. Not to mention the increased possibility of experiencing a slip & fall or some other type of injury.
Here are some tips to help you avoid injury in snow, ice, or rain:
- Wear appropriate clothing. Make sure you are able to stay as warm and dry as possible. Don’t forget to wear shoes with soles that are appropriate for the weather.
- Look before you leap. Give yourself additional time to get where you’re going. Take it slow, look before you step, and make sure it is safe to walk or drive beforehand.
- Stay in touch. If you are going to go out in inclement weather, make sure you let people know when and where you are headed. Don’t forget to take a fully charged phone with you just in case you need to call for help.
- Use tools appropriately. Don’t forget to stock up on salt or ice melt prior to a storm. If you have to shovel, don’t forget number one above, and don’t overdo it. If you do not exercise, be careful not to pick up large amounts of snow or do too much at once.
- Stay inside. If you don’t have to go out and aren’t conditioned for extreme weather, wait it out. Use that time to stretch or begin light exercise inside. Read, watch a movie, catch up on activities you’ve put off, or take a nap. Take advantage of the downtime and enjoy yourself!
Regardless of how well prepared we are, accidents happen. According to the CDC, approximately 1 million Americans are injured annually as the result of falling on ice and snow. Tragically, these injuries are fatal for about 17,000 people every year.
If you’ve been injured, make sure to follow-up with your doctor to rule out fractures or serious injuries that need immediate medical intervention. If you continue to experience pain from current or past injuries and you’ve been told there is nothing that can be done, there is hope!
If you haven’t heard, at PA Green Wellness, we offer regenerative medicine therapies that are changing people’s lives! Many of our clients have experienced a vast improvement from old injuries previously believed to be untreatable. Our proprietary HCTP [Human Cell &Tissue Product] injections that include MCS’s [Mesenchymal Stem Cells] help aid their body to repair and regenerate the unhealed injuries that are causing them chronic pain & discomfort.
Our goal is to help you live your most satisfying life, providing healing in the most natural and beneficial manner, so we work with each client to formulate an individualized plan that will help you to achieve the best results. PA Wellness is waiting to answer all of your questions. Visit us online at PA Green Wellness and feel free to call and speak with one of our patient care representatives at 1-888-338-6001.
Join Our Next FREE Seminar!
We invite you to join us at one of our free, regenerative medicine seminars to learn more about how we can help you live your best life. You can find out when the next session is here.